Blue Ocean Campaign
KE Holdings Inc. (Beike)
By supporting tree planting in various locations, conducting relevant public welfare and educational activities, we aim to improve the ecological environment and raise the level of public participation.
- Restoring & Growing, Enabling
- This pledge will take place from
- 2020 to 2025
Through the Blue Ocean Campaign, KE Holdings Inc (“Beike”) collaborates with civil societies related to forestry to plant trees every year. The plan aims to invest 300,000 to 500,000 RMB annually to support ecological restoration and work with environmental protection organizations to conduct public activities, promoting public awareness of low-carbon sustainability agendas.
Since 2020, Beike has partnered with the SEE Foundation and the Fugong Forestry Station to plant over 50 mu (approximately 3.3 ha) and more than 200,000 mangrove trees. We have also organized over 10 educational and volunteer activities with over 400 participants, including a direct donation and grant of more than 60,000 mangrove seedlings.
Actions in this pledge
Restoring and growing trees and forest landscapes
- Re-establishment of forest through planting and/or deliberate seeding on land classified as forest, that has been degraded or where trees are unlikely to regenerate naturally
- Mangrove restoration
- Establishment or enhancement of mangroves along coastal areas and in estuaries
The Blue Ocean Campaign was launched in 2020, with plans to annually support tree planting and ecological restoration activities through funding grants, in collaboration with professional organizations. Every year, the specific planting timeline will be determined based on factors such as climate and seasonality in different regions to ensure the maximization of planting effectiveness and accountability. After each year's planting is completed, third-party professional services will be invited to conduct evaluation and assessment reports. Over the last three years, there were consecutive activities of replanting, maintenance, and monitoring of survival rates.
Restoring & Growing
Enabling activities for trees and forest landscapes
- Education and capacity building
- Forest / tree species conservation and restoration education programmes, targeted educational and behaviour change campaigns, training and capacity building, including promotion of local and traditional knowledge and practices
- Community mobilisation
- Community mobilisation and engagement activities for conservation, restoration and reforestation, including enabling systems of community governance, etc.
In the Blue Ocean Campaign, KE Holdings Inc also plans to enhance public awareness and understanding of tree ecology through ecological capacity building, education, and community mobilization activities.
Specific measures include:
1. Conducting at least one tree planting experience or eco-conservation-related activity each year to promote the importance of forest and tree conservation to the public, thereby enhancing ecological awareness.
2. Actively engaging in community mobilization activities to encourage community residents to participate in low-carbon environmental practices, collectively advancing ecological development efforts.
3. Exploring long-term and deep integration of tree planting and afforestation with business operations to engage employees and customers in ecological co-building.
4. Collaborating with professional organizations and NGOs to jointly carry out tree conservation related capacity building and educational activities.
KE Holdings Inc will continue to monitor and improve these activities to ensure they achieve the desired outcomes and provide active support and contributions to future ecological conservation initiatives.
Our ecologically and socially responsible approach
We will take the following measures to ensure ecological friendliness and social responsibility in the implementation of our commitments:
1. Conduct scientific assessments in collaboration with professional organizations before project initiation to ensure that the project has no adverse ecological impact.
2. Take action to safeguard the habitats of wildlife and plants and protect ecological conditions.
3. Conduct environmental education activities to raise awareness of environmental protection among employees and the community.
1. Prioritize workforce safety and the social well-being of individuals associated with the project site.
2. Support community development and engage in meaningful work within local communities.
3. Encourage the participation of stakeholders such as employees, customers, and NGOs.
4. Commit to diversity and inclusivity among project personnel and partners.
We're using the IUCN Global Standard for Nature-based Solutions.
SEE Foundation, Fugong forestry station, Longhai District, Zhangzhou City, China Green Foundation
We are working at locations across China.